Location: Haverhill, Massachusetts
Phone: 978-374-4736 866-693-7199
Email: E-mail Me
John C. Sullivan joined Herbert W. Finbury in 1976 to form the present firm. He has been evaluated by his peers and judges, achieving the highest ranking, AV, as reflected in the Martindale Hubbell Law Directory. This rating is given only to lawyers and law firms who are considered to have very high to pre-eminent legal ability and who are thought to embrace very high professional standards.
An experienced trial lawyer practicing law in Massachusetts and New Hampshire, John has tried over seventy jury trials, along with hundreds of bench trials and administrative hearings involving civil, criminal and domestic matters. John has been certified as an Advocate by the National College of Advocacy and has completed the advanced course in Trial Advocacy.
In addition to his busy trial practice, John has been trained and qualified to sit as a Mediator for Superior Court civil cases in Rockingham and Hillsborough Counties, New Hampshire. His years of trial and court experience have been helpful in facilitating settlements in cases that are scheduled for trial in those counties. In Massachusetts, John also volunteers his mediation skills for the Haverhill District Court.
John has lectured on aspects of Massachusetts insurance law as it pertains to automobile accidents and injuries. He has authored an article on the subject that has been helpful both to clients needing information regarding their rights, and out-of-state attorneys referring cases to the firm. He has successfully represented clients in the areas of serious personal injury, worker’s compensation, criminal matters including DWI/OUI, and social security disability.
Areas of Practice
- Motor Vehicle Accidents — Plaintiff
- Personal Injury — Plaintiff
- Social Security Disability
- Worker’s Compensation
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Criminal Law
- DUI / DWI / OUI
- General Litigation
- Massachusetts, 1977
- New Hampshire, 1977
- U.S. District Court District of Massachusetts, 1977
- U.S. District Court District of New Hampshire, 1977
- Boston University School of Law, Boston, Massachusetts
J.D. – 1976
- Tufts University, Medford, Massachusetts
B.A. cum laude – 1972
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- New Hampshire Bar Association
- Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys
- New Hampshire Association for Justice
- New Hampshire Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Essex County Bar Association
- Haverhill Bar Association (past President)
- American Association for Justice